Weight loss, diet, family and pets?
CHILLI Brothers Organic Coconut oil consists of more than 90% saturated fats, with traces of few unsaturated fatty acids, such as monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Most of the saturated fats in Coconut oil are Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs). The main component (more than 40%) of MCTs is Lauric acid, followed by Capric acid, Caprylic acid, Myristic and Palmitic. Coconut oil also contains about 2% linoleic acid (polyunsaturated fatty acids) and about 6% Oleic acid (monounsaturated fatty acids).
Most of the Organic Coconut oil benefits come from the MCTs. For example, the lauric acid in Coconut oil has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties. Capric and Caprylic acid have similar properties and are best known for their anti-fungal effects.
In addition, MCTs are efficiently metabolized to provide an immediate source of fuel and energy, enhancing athletic performance and aiding weight loss. In humans and in dogs, the MCTs in Coconut oil balance the thyroid, helping the overweight humans & dogs lose weight and helping the sedentary feel energetic.
According to Dr. Bruce Fife, certified nutritionist and naturopathic doctor, Coconut oil gently elevates the metabolism, provides a higher level of energy and vitality, protects you from illness, and speeds healing. As a bonus, Coconut oil improves skin and coat, improves digestion, and reduces allergic reactions.
Eaten regularly we know Coconut oil has multiple benefits:
- Clears up skin conditions
- Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
- Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections, including candida
- Disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing
- Applied topically, promotes the healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
- Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
- Aids healing of digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis
Immune System, Metabolic Function, Bone Health
- Contains powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents that prevent infection and disease
- Regulates and balance insulin and promotes normal thyroid function
- Helps prevent or control diabetes
- Helps reduce weight, increases energy
- Aids in arthritis or ligament problems
Integrative Veterinarian and Naturopathic Doctor, Dr. Karen Becker, says “Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) have been shown to improve brain energy metabolism and decrease the amyloid protein build-up Coconut oil is a rich source of MCTs. Recommend 1 teaspoon for every 50 pounds of body weight twice daily for basic MCT support.”
Why not give Chilli Brothers Organic Coconut oil a try and introduce it to your diet. If you don’t like it give it to the dog! It offers many benefits for us and our pets.